This policy is effective from the new Term commencing August 27th 2018. GFW may change this policy from time to time by updating this page.
What we collect for GFW Membership.
- your name and postal address including postcode
- contact information including email address
- selected class(es) by instrument
- special needs information
For GFW Juniors only :-
- Age and demographic details
- special needs information including allergies
- Adult permissions for Junior participation
The information held is exactly as sent to you in the email generated by the online enrolment process. The online enrolment automatically generates your unique GFW ID.
What we do with the information we gather
- We require this information to understand your needs and to plan the appropriate classes, rooms & tutors required to provide a reasonable student to tutor ratio for learning.
- Internal record keeping for class management and payment tracking,
- We use your email address to send information about GFW activities and events during the term. We may also send you information of similar events which GFW students may find useful to their learning and enjoyment.
- If selected, we use your name and postcode to reclaim Gift Aid from HMRC.
GFW have put in place suitable physical and electronic procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online. Online access is limited to our Membership Administrator and Treasurer for management of enrolments and payments.
Controlling your personal information
GFW will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we are required by law to do so.
You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the Data Protection Act 1998. (You should already have this information in the email sent to you confirming enrolment and your Unique GFW ID.)
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email us as soon as possible, using the CONTACT tab . We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.
If you wish GFW to delete your personal information, please inform us via the CONTACT tab. Please note, once deleted we no longer hold your details, and you will need to complete a new online enrolment form for next term. This will generate a new GFW ID.
GFW online enrolment started in January 2017. In this short time of operation, we have seen members returning to GFW after absence of over a year. Accordingly, we review membership in July each year and delete any records for students who have not attended classes for more than 2 years.